Residents of the Regional Transportation District (RTD) who are interested in improving public transportation and supporting community awareness around transit are encouraged to apply for one of five vacancies on the agency’s Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC).
The 17-member committee represents the citizen perspective on behalf of a wide range of stakeholder interests, businesses, and community organizations. The CAC advises the agency on RTD’s strategies, initiatives and transportation programs. Members represent a wide variety of backgrounds, interests and lived experiences. The group’s public outreach meetings keep the region’s citizens informed of RTD programs and initiatives and encourage input from local communities.
Individuals interested in applying for a position may apply online or request an application by contacting Roger Sherman, at 303.592.5465 or email@example.com. To be considered, applications must be received by the 5 p.m. on Monday, April 18, 2022.
Selection criteria will include, but not be limited to, a demonstrated interest in public transit; previous community service; lived experience; and professional expertise. CAC members must live within the RTD service district. Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month from 3-5 p.m. In addition to the monthly meeting, committee members should expect to spend 2-3 hours a month working on projects and other assignments. Terms are for three years.
The CAC’s role is to:
- Become familiar with the agency’s strategic plan and long-term vision
- Provide region-oriented advice to RTD regarding the implementation of the strategic plan, its strategies and initiatives
- Represent the citizen perspective on behalf of a wide range of stakeholder interests and community organizations
- Gather information from community members to share with the agency
- Share information with community members to promote public awareness of the agency’s programs and projects
- Monitor and provide input on the FasTracks plan
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the RTD Board of Directors or agency staff