No one should die or lose a loved one while traveling on roads in the Denver region. We believe traffic crashes are preventable and take a planning and engineering approach that prioritizes protecting human life. Help the Denver region move toward realizing our vision of zero deaths or serious injuries on our roads by taking the Vision Zero Pledge to practice safe behaviors while traveling from one place to another.
I PLEDGE TO:
- Be more aware of and consider the safety of people not traveling by car.
- Obey posted speeds and slow down, specifically at intersections and driveways.
- Yield to people walking, biking and rolling and give them extra space.
- Be alert and never drive distracted or under the influence.
- Keep my eyes on the road and never text and drive.
- Make eye contact with people driving, people walking, people biking and people rolling to ensure everyone is aware of each other.
- Look right and double check for people before turning right.
- Stop before crossing the street, use a crosswalk if available and look in all directions before crossing.
- Wear a helmet while riding a bicycle or motorcycle.
- Share this Vision Zero Pledge with my family and friends.
For more information and to take the pledge, go here.